Liverpool City Council - Urgent Needs Fund
The Liverpool City Council have an ‘Urgent Needs’ Fund for people who are currently experiencing hardship, due to the coronavirus outbreak.
The fund is open to anyone who is experiencing the following issues:
- People who have no food, gas or electricity
- People who have received benefit sanctions or who have applied for benefits but haven’t received an award yet
- People who have been put on Furlough by their employer and are experiencing hardship as a result of the 20% reduction in their salary
- People who have a number of children at home and are unable to feed them due to school closures
- Any other issues that cause hardship
The support worker or the person experiencing hardship should call telephone number: 0151 233 3053 to speak to an operator. A series of questions will be asked to determine if the person is eligible for support. If they are, they or you will be supported over the phone to complete an online application form. A decision will be given within 2 days of the application being accepted.
The award given does not need to be paid back.